What to do if you are in an accident

If you’re in an accident, always call the police, get the number for the accident report, and exchange insurance information with the other driver.

In Kentucky many people have no insurance at all.  If someone without insurance causes an accident and injures you, there may be no way to be compensated. You may have uninsured coverage in your automobile policy. This would provide you with a way to be compensated

After you call the police, contact your insurance company and tell them you were in an accident. Ask them for a no fault application.

In Kentucky the minimum insurance coverage you must have $10,000 in liability coverage (although you may buy more depending what you wish to spend). This provides money for lost wages- up to $200.00 a week while you are off work -or medical expenses. If you would like to reserve this money for lost wages, you must request this (and usually in writing). If you choose to reserve this money for lost wages, you can have your health insurance company pay your medical bills.

Learn more about what you need to know by calling us and talking to Al Welsh personally. No charge for the consultation and no obligation. Call me at 502 584 2111 or after hours 502 836 85 86 any time.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form